ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
1. PROHIBITED USES
You may use the Site only for lawful purposes.
You may not use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors, or any individual, in any way;
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards;
- To transmit or procure the sending of any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam); or
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer hardware or software.
You also may not:
- Access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of the Site;
- any equipment or network on which the Site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of the Site;
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
2. CONTENT STANDARDS
These content standards apply to any and all material which you send through or contribute to the Site (the “Contributions”), and to any interactive services associated with it. You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter and these standards apply to each part of any Contribution as well as to its whole.
- Be genuine and well-intentioned;
- Be accurate (where they state facts);
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and
- Comply with Applicable Law.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person;
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- Promote sexually explicit material;
- Promote violence;
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- Infringe any copyright, database right, trade mark or any other intellectual property right of any other person;
- Be likely to deceive any person;
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party;
- Promote any illegal activity;
- Be threatening, abusive or invade another person’s privacy, cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety, or place (or potentially place) any individual in physical danger or harm;
- Be likely to insult, harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- Be used to impersonate any person or to misrepresent your identity or affiliate with any person;
- Give the impression that they emanate from us if it is not the case;
- Refer to or promote any third party companies or products;
- Make any endorsements;
- Offer to sell or buy any goods or services; or
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
3. SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this Acceptable Use Policy through your use of the Site. When a breach of this Acceptable Use Policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use the Site;
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to the Site;
- Issue a warning to you;
- Commence legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs, damages and losses on an indemnity basis (including reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
- Take further legal action against you; and/or
- Disclose such information to law enforcement authorities as we may deem necessary.
We exclude all liability, to the extent permitted by law, for actions taken in response to breaches of this Acceptable Use Policy. The responses described in the Acceptable Use Policy are not limited, and we may take any other action as we reasonably deem appropriate.
4. CHANGES TO THE ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
We may revise this Acceptable Use Policy at any time. It is your responsibility to periodically review this Acceptable Use Policy for any updates, which shall come into effect upon publication. Some of the provisions contained in this Acceptable Use Policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on the Site.